Emergency Dental Visits
Emergency Dental Treatment in North Edmonton
Ideally, we would all love to make dental appointments when they are most convenient to our schedule and far enough in advance as a courtesy to our family dentist. However, accidents do happen, and sometimes a dental emergency occurs. Whether it is a knocked-out tooth or sudden severe toothache, an emergency dental visit at Edmonton’s Northgate Dental Centre Ltd. is needed as soon as possible.
We understand that you and your family lead busy lives. At Northgate Dental Centre, we do our best to keep our schedule open and flexible for potential dental emergencies. That’s why our hours accommodate both evenings and Saturdays.
Common Dental Emergencies That We See
Some common dental emergencies Northgate Dental Centre Ltd. has addressed in the past include, but are not limited to:
- Broken or cracked tooth or teeth – Be sure to rinse your mouth with warm water to clean the area. A cold compress on the face over the area may help quell any swelling.
- Missing tooth or teeth – If you can retrieve the knocked-out tooth, try to keep it moist. Visit your dentist as soon as possible. Tooth reimplantation may be an option.
- Inflammation or infection – An infection can affect both the teeth and gums. Your dentist can diagnose the cause of the problem and prescribe the necessary medication to address it. Root canal treatment may also be a potential solution.
- Objects stuck in between teeth – If gently flossing the object out does not work, visit your dentist. Do not try to remove the stuck object with pointed or sharp tools, cutlery, or instruments.
Precautions you can take to help avoid dental emergencies
We know that you would rather avoid a dental emergency visit at Edmonton’s Northgate Dental Centre Ltd. That’s why we offer a few suggestions on how to help avoid injury to your teeth and gums:
- Try not to chew on hard objects like popcorn kernels, candy, or ice, as these could potentially crack teeth.
- Protect your mouth with a mouthguard if you participate in contact sports or recreational activities.
- Avoid cutting or opening things with your teeth; always use scissors to cut.
A friendly team at the ready
At Northgate Dental Centre Ltd., we know that a dental emergency of any kind can be stressful. That’s why we work hard to accommodate your emergency needs as soon as possible. Our professional and friendly staff will make sure you are made comfortable and stay well-informed of all potential treatment options. Contact Northgate Dental Centre Ltd. in Edmonton to learn more.
New Patients Welcome
Are you looking for a new dentist in Edmonton? See Dr. Mah and our team.