Crowns, Bridges & Veneers
Dental Bridges in Edmonton
A dental bridge works to keep your smile functional and healthy. It is held in place by remaining adjacent teeth. When you’re missing teeth, the remaining teeth can drift in and out of position if something isn’t put in the place of the missing tooth. This shift in your teeth can cause your bite to change, losing more teeth, decay, or even gum disease. With the help of a dental bridge from Northgate Dental Centre Ltd. in Edmonton, patients can avoid these potential issues. A dental bridge is constructed with the following procedure:
- The teeth on either side of the space are prepared and shaped to receive crowns.
- An impression is made of each tooth, and a bridge is made.
- A temporary tooth is bonded to these teeth while the bridge is made in a professional laboratory.
- Finally, the temporary bridge is removed, and the permanent one is fixed into place.
We will extend recommendations, but the final decision will be yours.
Dental Veneers in Edmonton
In Edmonton, Northgate Dental Centre Ltd veneers also provide veneers to patients who wish to restore their smile after it has been chipped or discoloured. A veneer is a thin porcelain shell-like object that is fitted over the front of your teeth. Veneers are specifically made to match your tooth colour and offer both protection and aesthetic improvement. Improve the look of your smile today. Dental veneers can help you with:
- Correction of broken or chipped teeth
- Hiding discolouration or uneven colouring of teeth
- Filling up teeth gaps
- Bringing all teeth to the same size
- Mending pointed or unusually shaped teeth
You can choose between traditional and no-prep veneers. The traditional veneers require grinding of the teeth surface to make space for the veneer. Unlike this procedure with intensive prep work, no-prep veneers involve very little tooth preparation or alteration and do not require local anesthetics.
Dental Crowns in Edmonton
When your teeth are extensively decayed, damaged or cracked, crowns are used to bring them back to their original shape and size. You may need a crown if you have suffered broken teeth, clench your teeth, have undergone a root canal, or simply lack adequate tooth structure for a filling. It is a sort of fixed prosthetic used to restore the teeth. Crowns essentially replace the crown part of your teeth and hence the name. The crown, when fixed, completely covers your teeth and sits above the gum line. They are custom made to fit the shape of your teeth exactly. They can be made of a variety of materials such as ceramics, porcelain-and-metal, gold and resin.
The crown’s primary function is to protect your damaged tooth from further damage by holding it together. A dental crown allows damaged or decayed teeth to be smoother, cleaner looking, and healthier. It restores the shape and strength of your teeth for better functionality. When your teeth are broken or damaged, they leave a gap, leading to many problems. To avoid any such problems and maintain the proper structure of the mouth, you can get your tooth crowned.
Patients will find that the crown procedure is not as extensive as some restoration methods. The process is as follows:
- Your tooth and surrounding gum tissue are anesthetized.
- The tooth is filed down to create space for the crown.
- We take an impression of your tooth to create the crown.
- A temporary crown is put on while you await the custom fit one. This will prevent further damage.
- Once created, your custom dental crown is bonded to your tooth.
See if veneers, bridges or crowns are right for you — contact us!
New Patients Welcome
Are you looking for a new dentist in Edmonton? See Dr. Mah and our team.